Continuing the conversation on Lions, Tigers & COVID: Oh My – Protecting the Oakland Zoo, here are some of the ways you can support the Oakland Zoo during the pandemic.
Details to Donate to the Oakland Zoo can be found on the Donate page of their website (oaklandzoo.org/donate-to-oakland-zoo), but here’s a list of suggestions:
- Donate online/by mail/by phone/stock or wire
- Purchase a Membership: Onsite, online or by phone
- Individual: $99
- Dual: $139
- Family: $174
- Family Plus: $209
- Family Delux: $249
- Friends of the Wild: $1000
- Commit to monthly giving
- Adopt an Animal
- Set up legacy giving
- Visit the Oakland Zoo’s Amazon Smile & Wish Lists
- Donate Goods: Call 510-632-9525, extension 215
- Community Groups – The Oakland Zoo is bringing back its community volunteer groups in September. They have made changes to the program and protocols to be sure the groups can work safely on landscape management and habitat restoration projects. All projects will be outdoors. Group size will be limited to 25 volunteers and will be broken up into smaller working groups. Masks and social distancing will be required. Groups will work with animal care or grounds. Visit the Community Group Volunteer Program web page: oaklandzoo.org/programs-and-events/community-groups or email email@example.com.
- Next Volunteer Information Meeting – The next New Volunteer Information Meeting has been scheduled for Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 10:00am. Volunteers can visit the volunteer page of the website at: oaklandzoo.org/volunteer-and-internship-opportunities to learn more about opportunities and to download an application. Applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the meeting. Space is limited.
- Become a Docent – The Docent Training Program runs August through December each year. Training will resume August 2021. Dates are TBD. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Show your support for the Oakland Zoo by subscribing or engaging with their content on social media. Share your memories and tag them, accounts linked below: